Progressive CRM Ltd is the 'Data Controller' of the personal data you provide to us. Its registered office is 1, Derwent Business Centre, Clarke Street, Derby, DE1 2BU and its registered number is 09434548
If you have any questions about this policy, including any requests to exercise your legal rights, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or write to: Progressive CRM Ltd, Repton House, Bretby Business Park, Bretby, Burton on Trent, DE15 0YZ.
This policy is updated from time to time. The latest version is published on this page.
We gather and use certain information about individuals in order to provide products and services and to enable certain functions on this website.
We also collect information to better understand how visitors use our website and to present timely, relevant information to them.
- What information we may collect from you
- How we use your information
- Basis for processing your information
- Sharing your information
- Where is your information processed
- Controlling your information
- Security and retention of your information
- Cookies and how we use them
- Links from our site
We may collect and process the following information about you:
Information you provide to us
You may provide information by filling in forms on our website(s) or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail, live-chat or otherwise. This includes information when you register for an account, request a quote, enter into a contract for supply of services, enter a promotion or survey and when you report a problem with our website or software.
The information you provide may include:
- Name and job title
- Company name
- Contact information including email address, phone number, business address
- Preferences and interests
- Other information about yourself or organisation to enable us to provide you with our services and products.
Information we collect about you
When you visit our website(s) we may automatically collect information about your computer, including IP address, information about your visit, your browsing history, and how you use our website. This information may be combined with other information you provide to us, as described above.
Information we receive from other sources
We may receive information about you if you use any of the other websites we operate, or the services and products we provide. We work with third parties, including business partners and service providers, and may receive information about you from them. This may be combined with other information you provide to us, as described above.
We use personal data that you submit to us to share relevant information with you, to process requests you submit through our website, and for other purposes which we describe at the point where it is collected. We may use this to:
- Contact you for sales, servicing or marketing purposes
- Contact you in response to a specific enquiry.
- Improve the products and services we provide.
- Customise the website for you.
- Provide you with additional information about products, services, offers and other things we think might be relevant to you.
- Contact you for market research reasons.
- Process job applications you may submit.
We process your personal information on the following basis:
- Where the processing enables us to enhance, modify, personalise or otherwise improve our services / communications for the benefit of our customers.
- Where processing enables us to service a business account which you are associated with, for example if you are an employee of one of our business clients.
- You have expressed an interest in doing business with Progressive CRM Ltd.
- To identify and prevent fraud.
- To better understand how people interact with our websites.
- To provide communications which we think will be of interest to you.
- To determine the effectiveness of our marketing campaigns and advertising.
When we process your personal information for our legitimate interests, we will consider and balance any potential impact on you and your rights under data protection and any other relevant law. Our legitimate business interests do not automatically override your interests – we will not use your personal data for activities where our interests are overridden by the impact on you (unless we have your consent or are otherwise required or permitted to by law).
You have the right to object to this processing if you wish. Please keep in mind that if you object this may affect our ability to carry out services for you.
We may share your personal information with third parties in the following circumstances:
- Business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with them or you.
- Analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our site. Your personal information is generally shared in a form that does not directly identify you.
- If required in order to obtain professional advice.
Your information will be mainly processed by our staff within the United Kingdom ("UK") with it being stored in our systems and databases located in the European Union ("EU").
However, as part of the services offered to you, the information which you provide to us may be transferred to countries outside the EU. By way of example, this may happen if any of our servers are from time to time located in a country outside of the EU, where required. These countries may not have similar data protection laws to the UK. By submitting your personal data, you’re agreeing to this transfer, storing or processing. If we transfer your information outside of the EU in this way, we will take steps to ensure that appropriate security measures are taken with the aim of ensuring that your privacy rights continue to be protected as outlined in this Policy.
Updating your marketing preferences
When you fill in a form or provide your details on our website, you may see one or more tick boxes allowing you to, for example:
- Opt-in to receive marketing communications from us by email, telephone, text message or post.
- Opt-in to receive marketing communications from our third-party partners by email, telephone, text message or post.
If you have agreed that we can use your information for marketing purposes, you can change your mind easily and at anytime, via one of these methods:
- Sign in to our website and change your opt-in settings.
- Send an email to email@example.com.
- Write to us at: Progressive CRM Ltd, Repton House, Bretby Business Park, Bretby, Burton on Trent, DE15 0YZ.
We will never lease, distribute or sell your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or the law requires us to.
Requesting a copy of the information we hold about you
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you without an additional fee. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please email firstname.lastname@example.org or write to: Progressive CRM Ltd, Repton House, Bretby Business Park, Bretby, Burton on Trent, DE15 0YZ.
We try to respond to all legitimate requests within one month. Occasionally it may take us longer than a month if your request is particularly complex or you have made a number of requests. In this case, we will notify you and keep you updated.
Updating your information
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please sign into the website, write to or email us as soon as possible. We will promptly rectify any information found to be incorrect.
We will always hold your information securely.
To prevent unauthorised disclosure or access to your information, we have implemented strong physical and electronic security safeguards.
We will make reasonable efforts to delete or destroy personal data when there is no longer a business need to retain it.
The type of engagement you may have with us dictates our retention period for your personal information. We
will retain information only for as long as is necessary. Should you cease to be a customer, we will delete data that is no longer relevant though we will be obliged to retain some data that is necessary for legal and accounting reasons.
What is a cookie?
A cookie is a small file placed on your computer's hard drive. It enables our website to identify your computer as you view different pages on our website.
Cookies allow websites and applications to store your preferences in order to present content, options or functions that are specific to you. They also enable us to see information like how many people use the website and what pages they tend to visit.
- Analyse our web traffic using an analytics package. Aggregated usage data helps us improve the website structure, design, content and functions.
- Identify whether you are signed in to our website. A cookie allows us to check whether you are signed in to the site.
- Test content on our website. For example, 50% of our users might see one piece of content, the other 50% a different piece of content.
- Store information about your preferences. The website can then present you with information you will find more relevant and interesting.
- To recognise when you return to our website. We may show your relevant content, or provide functionality you used previously.
Cookies do not provide us with access to your computer or any information about you, other than that which you choose to share with us.
However, please note that doing this may affect how our website functions. Some pages and services may become unavailable to you.
To learn more about cookies and how they are used, visit All About Cookies.
Our website may contain links to other websites.
Please note that we have no control of websites outside the progressivecrm.com domain. If you provide information to a website to which we link, we are not responsible for its protection and privacy.
Always be wary when submitting data to websites. Read the site’s data protection and privacy policies fully.